- Harbhajan’s Endorsement: Former Indian cricketer Harbhajan Singh strongly supports Suryakumar Yadav’s inclusion in India’s starting XI for the World Cup 2023.
- Unique Skill Set: Harbhajan believes Yadav possesses a skill set that even top-tier players like Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli cannot match, especially in the middle-order.
- Middle-Order Reliability: Yadav’s reliability in the middle-order and his ability to score big runs make him a valuable asset.
- Comparing to Legends: Harbhajan draws parallels between Yadav’s role and those of legends like MS Dhoni and Yuvraj Singh, indicating his potential impact.
- T20 Success: Despite a relatively modest ODI record, Yadav’s T20 performances underscore his match-winning potential in the shorter formats.
- Middle-Order Challenge: Harbhajan highlights that batting in the middle-order is a tougher task than opening, and Yadav’s knack for finding boundaries under pressure sets him apart.
- Pressure on Opponents: Yadav’s presence in the team creates pressure on the opposition, as he can turn the game around with explosive innings, scoring 50-60 runs in just 20 balls.
- Yadav’s Crucial Role: In the uncertain world of cricket, Suryakumar Yadav emerges as a key figure in India’s middle-order plans for the World Cup 2023.
In a thrilling revelation, former Indian cricketer Harbhajan Singh has showered accolades upon Suryakumar Yadav, advocating for his inclusion in India’s starting XI for the upcoming World Cup 2023. The 32-year-old Mumbai batsman’s selection over Sanju Samson and Tilak Varma has sparked discussions, and Harbhajan Singh believes it’s the right choice.
Harbhajan Singh, known for his astute cricketing insights, has confidently stated that Suryakumar Yadav possesses a unique skill set that even the likes of Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli cannot match. He envisions Yadav fulfilling the critical middle-order role akin to the legendary MS Dhoni.
“Suryakumar Yadav is a complete player,” asserts Harbhajan. “Choosing him over Sanju is the right call.”
He goes on to emphasize the exceptional middle-over capabilities that Yadav brings to the team. According to Harbhajan, Suryakumar’s reliability and ability to score big runs set him apart. In contrast, Sanju Samson’s style of play, with its inherent risk, makes him less suitable for the middle-order role. Harbhajan further highlights Yadav’s T20 exploits as evidence of his match-winning potential.
“What he can do at that position, neither Virat [Kohli] can do, nor Sanju or Rohit Sharma. Because what he does is a difficult job, batting at No. 5-6. What [MS] Dhoni has done, what Yuvi [Yuvraj Singh] has done,” Harbhajan explains.
Despite Suryakumar Yadav’s somewhat modest ODI record, Harbhajan remains steadfast in his belief that middle-order batting is a far more challenging task than opening. He credits Yadav’s ability to find boundaries and create pressure on the opposition as unique assets that make him an indispensable asset for India.
Harbhajan concludes by emphasizing that having Yadav in the team increases the pressure on opponents, given his potential to turn the game around with explosive innings. With the ability to score 50-60 runs in just 20 balls, Suryakumar Yadav is a game-changer, and Harbhajan firmly advocates for his inclusion in the World Cup squad.
In a world of cricketing uncertainties, Suryakumar Yadav stands as a beacon of hope for India’s middle-order aspirations, ready to shine in the World Cup 2023.